Operations is directly responsible for creating and implementing structures that empower the Genesis team to move together and scale rapidly. This is a perfect role for those seeking a career in consulting,product management, project management, or operations,given that you’ll be responsible for optimizing processes and building solutions to help Genesis run efficiently.
Due Diligence is directly responsible for evaluating the market potential for companies in the Genesis deal pipeline. Venture Partners and Analysts interview founders interested in receiving Genesis capital and conduct secondary research on products, markets, and financial and legal structures of companies.
The Genesis Portfolio Management team is responsible for fostering opportunities for and providing services to Genesis portfolio companies. We help our companies go from receiving funding to achieving their goals by leveraging the power of the Genesis network and our unique capabilities as operators. This team is a perfect fit for those deeply interested in the startup community and those seeking a career with a startup, tech companies, or within venture capital.
Submit questions about the process through the link below:
Longhorn Entrepreneurship Fall Kickoff
Confirm by Venmo’ing @nick-spiller
Kickoff the Fall season by sharing an epic experience with other entrepreneurial Longhorns leading up to Texas Football's 2019 home opener against Louisiana Tech at 7PM. Alumni, students, faculty, fans and anyone who identifies as a Longhorn is welcome.
Genesis and Longhorn Entrepreneurship Agency are partnering to host the following pre-game activities on August 31st:
1. Brunch on a Boat (Noon to 2PM) - Cruise on Lake Austin enjoying the city skyline, delicious brunch and catch up conversations with your all your UT startup friends. We've already reserved the 60-person boat "Festival" from Austin Party Cruises! Transportation provided.
2. Entrepreneur's Tailgate on LBJ Lawn (4PM to 7PM) - Grab a bite to eatand quench your thirst before watching Texas Football's home opener against Louisiana Tech at DKR. Our tent on LBJ Lawn has been booked turnkey service through Tailgate Guys already.
3. Texas Football vs. Louisiana Tech (7PM to 10PM) - Get into the game at DKR to cap off the day. Don't want to buy tickets? Hang out and watch on LBJ Lawn at the tailgate spot.
We're asking everyone to help cover costs by contributing the amounts below. Please respond "Going" on Facebook then send your payment via Venmo to @nick-spiller to reserve your spot. Space is limited and we will sell out so confirm early!
Here is what's included with your ticket:
Brunch on a Boat Inclusions:
- Transportation from West Campus / Downtown to Lake Austin Marina where we'll board the boat.
- Breakfast tacos and other brunch items.
- Mimosas, coffee and other drink options (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Your share of the boat rental.
Entrepreneur's Tailgate Inclusions:
- Reserved tailgate tent on LBJ Lawn packed full of startup folk.
- Plenty of Shiner, Margaritas and other drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) will be available to keep you cool.
Tickets - Confirm by Venmo’ing @nick-spiller
- Brunch on a Boat + Entrepreneur's Tailgate: $75
- Brunch on a Boat Only (Noon to 2PM): $50
- Entrepreneur's Tailgate Only: $25
- Brunch on a Boat + Entrepreneur's Tailgate: $30
- Brunch on a Boat Only: $25
- Entrepreneur's Tailgate Only: $5
*Note: You'll need to buy game tickets separately!
Have questions? Please contact Ben Klenk from LEA or Jake O'Shea from Genesis who are organizing.